harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] tests failing on linux (Ubuntu 7.04-dev) with Quad Xeon P3
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:27:19 GMT
I might have to take that back. I tried running a simple class and it
bombed out with "Illegal instruction". Here's what I got from GDB run,
below. Note, I'm still pretty green when it comes to Linux development
tools, so I may sound like an idiot right now.

nathan@pants:~/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin$
gdb --args ./java -cp ~/workspace/helloworld/bin/ HelloWorld
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/nathan/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java
-cp /home/nathan/workspace/helloworld/bin/ HelloWorld
[New Thread -1214162256 (LWP 13833)]
[New Thread -1215321200 (LWP 13836)]
[New process 13833]
[New LWP 13833]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
0xb7b0c2ab in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
(gdb)

On 3/29/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> I am not seeing that. Can you run the "./java -version" successfully?
>
> I tried running "gdb ./java" and it loaded me into GDB just fine.
>
> -Nathan
>
> On 3/29/07, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The jvmti tests are among the first to run. Is it a problem with jvmti
> > failures or is drlvm currently broken on linux? I seem to get a segmentation
> > violation running just the drlvm java executable on both 32 and 64 bit RHEL
> > Linux.
> >
> > gdb java
> >
> > I think shows an invalid pointer in hymem_free_memory()
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this?

Ubuntu