harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] tests failing on linux (Ubuntu 7.04-dev) with Quad Xeon P3
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:15:01 GMT
I am not seeing that. Can you run the "./java -version" successfully?

I tried running "gdb ./java" and it loaded me into GDB just fine.

-Nathan

On 3/29/07, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> The jvmti tests are among the first to run. Is it a problem with jvmti
> failures or is drlvm currently broken on linux? I seem to get a segmentation
> violation running just the drlvm java executable on both 32 and 64 bit RHEL
> Linux.
>
> gdb java
>
> I think shows an invalid pointer in hymem_free_memory()
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
>
>
> On 3/29/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org > wrote:
> >
> > On 3/29/07, Gregory Shimansky < gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > > > On 3/28/07, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > > >> > I'm getting consistent failures of the following tests on Ubuntu
> > > >> > 7.04-dev running on Quad Xeon P3 hardware. I saw some other threads
> > on
> > > >> > the mailing list about failures on a dual CPU machine, are these
> > the
> > > >> > same failures.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Is there anyway to get some more information about these failures?
> > > >> > Stack trace? dumps?
> > > >> >
> > > >> > -Nathan
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Breakpoint1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > >> > SingleStep1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > >> > VMInit1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > >> > Breakpoint1 failed on interpreter
> > > >> > SingleStep1 failed on interpreter
> > > >> > VMInit1 failed on interpreter
> > > >>
> > > >> The tests produce a report in
> > > >> lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/reports which you can try to
> > > >> analyze. There should be the output why the tests failed. The tests
> > > >> you've mentioned are single threaded and shouldn't depend on the
> > number
> > > >> of CPUs.
> > > >
> > > > I'm seeing three folders under
> > > > "build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/reports/" and "int", "jit"
> > > > and "opt" folder. All of them are empty.
> > >
> > > Try this command line to run the test in command line. Tests have to be
> > > compiled before running it
> > >
> > > ./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java -cp
> > > make/tmp/junit.jar:./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/classes
> > >
> > -agentpath:./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/native/Breakpoint1/libBreakpoint1.so
> > > junit.textui.TestRunner Breakpoint1.Breakpoint1
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gregory
> > >
> > >
> >
> > I tried that and this is what is output to the console (the report
> > folders are still empty).
> >
> > DEBUG: Getting JVMTI enviroment...
> > DEBUG: done!
> > DEBUG: Setting capabilities...
> > DEBUG: done!
> > DEBUG: Setting events...
> > DEBUG: done!
> > Illegal instruction
> >
>

Mime
View raw message