harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Netbeans addresses RI-specific fields
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:49:05 GMT

They do NOT DEPEND on those things. They access them through reflection
if they're available and catch all exceptions if not. Looks like they
just set some RI-appopriate flags. The code is generally safe and
correct,
the only impact on Harmony is a stack trace in the log file.

I'm not sure if kitRegistryKey and kitTypeRegistryKey fields in
JEditorPane
have something similar in our implementation, I'm not a Swing guru.
And also I'm not sure we have something like sun.awt.AppContext those
fields are used with.

 Vasily

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 9:47 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: Netbeans addresses RI-specific fields

I think also that :

1) you might want to submit a bug to Netbeans asking them not to do
stupid things like depend on private fields of a public API

2) is "kitRegistryKey" something obvious that a reasonable
implementation requires?  IOW, does Harmony also have a similar
structure, and can we simply rename it to keep the netBeans log noise
down?