harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] proposal : starting a release train
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:48:06 GMT

On Mar 8, 2007, at 5:05 AM, Sian January wrote:

> Hi Geir,
>
> Just a quick thought about the names.  I like the idea of having
> milestone
> releases (M1, M2 etc).  However if the release is called "Apache
> Harmony Pre
> M1" or "Apache Harmony M1", and then we want to use M1, M2 etc for
> future
> versions like Java 6 and Java 7 how will we tell the difference
> between the
> Java 5 M1 release and the Java 6 M1 release?

That's a good question...

I think that once we get out the door, maybe we call it

   Apache Harmony Java SE 5 M1

or

   Apache Harmony Java SE 6 M1

or

   Apache Harmony v5 M1

or

  Apache Harmony v6 M1

or

   I dunno... :)

If you have another idea, go for it :)

I just wanted to give us names to start using for sorting bugs,
targeting features, and working towards.

geir