harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r520804 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni: make/exclude.common make/exclude.linux.x86_64.drl make/exclude.windows.x86_64.drl src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/MulticastSocketTest.java
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:21:01 GMT
Hi Tony,

Seems this doesn't help. Currently I have (iptables -L):

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             224.0.0.3
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             DVMRP.MCAST.NET
ACCEPT     all  --  DVMRP.MCAST.NET      anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  224.0.0.3            anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             224.0.0.3
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             DVMRP.MCAST.NET

But I still can see two failures:
test_joinGroupLjava_net_SocketAddressLjava_net_NetworkInterface
test_leaveGroupLjava_net_InetAddress

I guess packets are blocked by our corporate firewall I don't have a
control of. Is there any way to emulate this with our testing
infrastructure?

Regards,

2007/3/22, Tony Wu <wuyuehao@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> It caused by my patch on harmony-3433.
>
> It will fail on some machines because of firewall, the access to some
> multicast addresses used in tests are not permitted on your machines.
> running following lines will help,
> iptables -A HYBLD -d 224.0.0.3 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A HYBLD -d 224.0.0.4 -j ACCEPT
>
> In the meanwhile I was thinking about is there any way to avoid this
> operation, because asking user to set up a rule for testing is always
> not a good idea. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks.
>
> On 3/22/07, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Alexey,
> >
> > MulticastSocketTest fails each time I run luni tests. At least on
> > Linux. And it seems CC encounters the same issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 2007/3/21, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>:
> > > oops...
> > > That's a patch for HARMONY-3433 "[classlib][luni]move out
> > > src\test\java\tests\api\java\net\MulticastSocketTest.java"
> > >
> > > SY, Alexey

uses wrong classloader"

--
Alexei Zakharov,