harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] possible non-bug-diff in RenderingHints
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:22:08 GMT
Hi all,

In case if somebody cares. Recently I've closed one AWT JIRA -
HARMONY-2066. However, yesterday after a short review I realized that
the problem worth mentioning in the mailing list.

The java.awt.RenderingHints class. This is a map that have possible
keys and values described directly as static members of the class.
This way, the set of all possible values for given key is defined.
Harmony currently throws IllegalArgumentException in case if given
value does not belong to predefined set. RI silently accepts it (with
possible problems in the future). For the exact test case please see
[1]. Spec say nothing about what should the implementation do if
incorrect value is specified (as always).

It was suggested to treat this as a Non-bug difference from RI. Any
thoughts, objections?

Thanks,
--
Alexei Zakharov,