harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][swing][test] HTML tests
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:18:03 GMT
> > So I'd propose to move all swing tests the java.injected folder so that
> > the guidelines hold.

+1 here

> > the guidelines hold. If community still insists on separating these two
> > kinds of tests, it can be performed gradually, when fixing bugs for
> > example.

IMHO this would be nice to have. However, I agree that this should not
be a top priority task.

Regards,

2007/3/5, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>:
> Ok, I got your point.
> And agree with you.
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> 2007/3/5, Ivanov, Alexey A <alexey.a.ivanov@intel.com>:
> > Alexey, all,
> >
> > Unfortunately I can't devote much time to this problem now. I brought up
> > this problem four months ago -- everybody ignored it.
> >
> > To my mind, it isn't worth sorting out all of the tests. Most of Swing
> > classes have protected methods which are very convenient to use without
> > any overhead of overriding a class. As far as I remember there are not
> > many Swing tests which can run at classpath as opposed to bootclasspath.
> > Another point is that an issue may arise, regression test for which will
> > require using a protected method or a protected class.
> >
> > So I'd propose to move all swing tests the java.injected folder so that
> > the guidelines hold. If community still insists on separating these two
> > kinds of tests, it can be performed gradually, when fixing bugs for
> > example. However this approach will bring much overhead to committers,
> > to simplicity, to implementation of exclude lists etc.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alexey.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Alexey A. Ivanov
> > Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division
> >
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >From: Alexey Petrenko [mailto:alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com]
> > >Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 3:54 PM
> > >To: dev@harmony.apache.org
> > >Subject: Re: [classlib][swing][test] HTML tests
> > >
> > >Alexey,
> > >
> > >that would be nice if you could to sort out the swing tests...
> > >Is there any other volunteers?
> > >
> > >SY, Alexey
> > >
> > >
> > >2006/10/20, Ivanov, Alexey A <alexey.a.ivanov@intel.com>:
> > >> Hi everyone,
> > >>
> > >> I am starting a new thread to answer the question asked at
> > >>
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/8056/focus=16282
> > >>
> > >> HTML tests are not currently run when doing ant test. The reason is
> > they
> > >> are in 'java.injected' source folder. Another point is that there's
> > >> still no HTML parser in Harmony, and majority of HTML tests will
> > fail.
> > >> On the other hand, tests can pretend they pass.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> The current guidelines [1] say the tests which are designed to be run
> > >> from bootclasspath are to be in 'java.injected' folder. Most of Swing
> > >> tests are designed this way, however they are located 'java' folder
> > but
> > >> run on the bootclasspath.
> > >>
> > >> Therefore we have two options to resolve the issue:
> > >> 1. Move all HTML tests to 'java' folder where other Swing tests are
> > >> located.
> > >> 2. Move all other Swing tests to 'java.injected' folder.
> > >>
> > >> Of course there are tests that can be run successfully from
> > classpath,
> > >> and there are a few implementation-specific tests. Shall I try to
> > sort
> > >> them all out?
> > >>
> > >> Thank you in advance,
> > >> Alexey.
> > >>
> > >> [1]
> > >>
> > http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.h
> > >> tml
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> Alexey A. Ivanov
> > >> Intel Middleware Product Division

-- 
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD

Mime
View raw message