harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][swing] HARMONY-2895 - non-bug difference?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:41:03 GMT
Hi Alexey,

IMO throwing NPE if one of method's parameters is null is something
natural and generally expected behavior. I agree that the situation
when some methods throw NPE and others don't throw it is not very
good. But IMHO it will be worse if some real-world application fails
because of this incompatibility. I suppose it is better not to think
about it too much - just fix it (if it is easy). However, if such fix
is not an easy one and requires rework of some fundamental concepts
(we just saw such example in "[classlib][awt] JUnit AWT TestRunner:
menu should disappear after pressing ALT key" thread) then I will vote
for filing NBD.

The patch for HARMONY-2895 does not look like a big rework.

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD