harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:31:49 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

branching will bring many benefits,
developing work on branch will not affect the trunk. We can not assume
that all the middle version from 5 to 6 is stable with backward
compatibility. say, some spec changed.

As Paulex said, we have to deliver version 5 in the future.
when the java 5 code is stable, we can create a tag for version 5,
then merge java6  branch to the trunk when all the java6 work is
complete.

Plus the branching operation of subversion is very light weight.