harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:29:11 GMT
Hi all,
It's close to the end of Q1 2007. Is it time for us to consider the
JAVA SE 6 new features? IIRC it was written in our high level road
map. We could start with creating a branch and recording what should
we do and the progress on harmony wiki.

I did a quick look on luni and found there are many things to do:
java.lang
new methods of Math,
trivial update of String, System, depends on IO

java.util
Many misc improvement for common utilities,
significant improvement: Deque, NavigatableMap/Set;
ResourceBundle$Control, ServiceLoader

java.net
NetworkInterface enhancement, IDN, IRI, Cookie Manager, NTLM and HTTP
negotiate authentication, http server-jetty?

java.io
Console may be complex, ObjectStreamClass new method, not sure yet,
10 new methods of File, need native support

I really can't help going to implementing them ;-)
Anyone has interest? What's your opinion?

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM