harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] JVMTI support?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:34:40 GMT
On Tuesday 06 March 2007 00:03 Armand Navabi wrote:
> Pavel,
>
> Interesting.  I am working on Ubuntu 6.06.  If I am in the Harmony bin
> directory and I try to run like this:
>
> ./java -agentpath:<path to simpleAgent build> HelloWorld
>
> I get the error I explained before.  When I use Sun's java (java 5.0), it
> works fine.

I looked at the agent source and I find some inconsistency in its code. It
calls GetEnv with JVMTI_VERSION constant, but prints error message with
JVMTI_VERIONS_1 constant.

These constants are actually different. The JVMTI_VERSION_1 constant has 0 in
MICRO version field while JVMTI_VERSION has the actual MICRO version for the
JVMTI implementation in VM. Could you change the agent to always use
JVMTI_VERSION_1? In this case you won't depend on the MICRO version of the
JVMTI implementation of the header file from JDK that you've used to compile
agent code.

--
Gregory