harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit][opt] HARMONY-3243 It's possible to fill array with constant much faster
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:46:38 GMT
On the 0x29B day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Egor,
>
> On 16 Mar 2007 20:02:15 +0300, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would love to implement versioning
>

> Since we come into agreement about arrays fill optimizations, I want to ask
> you about versioning.
> One of my student asked me if it worth to start working on this optimization
> (he wants to join it with value profiler input).
>
> Do you have any plans to implement it by yourself in the nearest month or
> two?

cool, I am starting to work on it

Mikhail, you probably have some ideas/expectations on versioning+vaueProfiler?

Is it that we want to make a version of a loop according to the
target class prediction (from value profiler)?

> In this case I'm going to shift his attention to another
> optimization based on already existing unrolling opt.

that would be just great!

BTW, he is definitely welcome to show up in the list.

--
Egor Pasko