harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Google Summer of Code 2007 coming
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:52:34 GMT
Guys,

[seriously] how about a list of projects for $subj at Harmony? [1]

Mentoring organization application deadline is March 12 ([2]), so we
need to somewhat hurry up to make this happen.

We have a good list of TODO items for DRLVM & JIT on [3], needs some
minor selection and refinement. My view is:

* implement a certain part of API (ideas welcome)
* enable parallel builds in the build system
* Jitrino.OPT translator refactoring (I can be mentoring this one)
* proper handling of OOME (yes we still have issues)
* other big bugs

..can be many other things like .. "loop peeling optimization", "large
heaps on x86_64", ..

P.S. feeling sorry for documentation items, pure documentation works
are not allowed within the program.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Geir, need to go with ASF or as a separate project?

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/
[2] http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325&topic=10729
[3] http://harmony.apache.org/roadmap.html#DRLVM

--