harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drvm][jit] Jitrino.opt with no optimizations
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:34:03 GMT
On the 0x2A5 day of Apache Harmony Maksim Ananjev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want have to have my code compiled by Jitrino.opt with _all_
> optimizations turned off. The idea is to get "clean" versions of HIR
> and IA32 LIR  (especially, LIR generated out for the code, that hadn't
> been optimized). I need it for debugging purposes.
>
> (Jitrino.jet isn't useful here, because it has no intermediate representations)
>
> Is there a command line option to do it? I looked here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DrlvmCommandLineOptions, but found
> nothing.
>
> Or, maybe,  something in source code code of jit should be changed to
> turn off all optimizations?

You can edit the deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/opt.emconf and put a '-'
sign after each optiization pass you want to skip. Some optimization
passes are mandatory such as emitter.

Please also keep in mind that some optimizations are not guaranteed to
work correctly in case some prior optimizations are off.

--
Egor Pasko