harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:12:44 GMT
On the 0x2A8 day of Apache Harmony csplrj@yahoo.co.in wrote:
> I require AOT Compilation that will protect my source code as well as improve the execution
time of my Swing Application.Code obfuscation can render my code to some extent in a useless
state but AOT compilation can protect my code in a lottle more secure way and it will improve
the state of my product.

yep, and sometimes you do not want your users to know that you are
using java for development. But this should be avoided, IMHO :)

> So the java.awt.FocusTraversalPolicy and javax.swing.event.MouseInputAdapter are supported
in Harmony as these classes are not supported in GCJ

> How to compile my Java Files in Exe by using Harmony. I mean what is the command

Harmony does not have an AOT compiler. You can try to use other AOT
compilers with Harmony classlib, but this should be a challenge.

P.S.: I am not sure implementation of FocusTraversalPolixy and
      MouseInputAdapter are complete in Harmony, to me they look like
      placeholders..

> Thanks in advance
>
> CSJakharia
>

>  Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input] Browse Archives at groups.google.com