harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing][classlib] correct run of one test case
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:41:54 GMT
> On 2/15/07, Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> >
> > This is also applicable to api vs injected tests, the worst case is
> > security module which has all 4 types. I'd prefer this to be fixed.
>

> Do we really need this option? Why not run the test in this way:
> modules/lang-management> java -cp
> bin/impl/:../../depends/jars/junit_3.8.2/junit.jar junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.harmony.lang.management.OperatingSystemMXBeanImplTest

Well, it is a bit more complex for security - you need to place all
needed resources to bootclasspath, but prior to this you need to find
which resources are needed and there they are located :)
Basically this is a matter of convenience - the same as whole
"-Dtest.case" feature. So if this is cheap to fix, why not?