harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony enabling at Windows / x86_64
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:49:54 GMT
Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Thank you for doing this first of all. IMO patches look good in
> general. However, I'd like to emphasize two things (I've already told
> you in private about them) and let others to comment on it.
>
> 1. In your patch you suggest to use MSVC 2005 - msvcr80.dll is used
> instead of msvcr71.dll for example. Currently MSVC 2003 is required
> for building the classlib. However, MSVC 2005 adds extensive support
> for developing of 64bit applications and it looks like a natural
> choice for 64bit Windows platform. So am +1 for supporting both MSVCs.
> But I also would like to know if there are any other opinions.

I think it would be good if we had a choice of microsoft tools version.
If we can support MSVC 2005 on x86_64, why not allow to use it on x86
too? The only freely available development environment from MS site is
MSVC 2005 Community Edition. So if we support it, it will help
development for x86 version of windows.

--
Gregory