harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBM VM reports 1.4.2 support instead of 1.5
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 03:30:31 GMT
Hi, Zakharov:
     Currently IBM VME's property does claim that it only support 1.4, but I
believe it will be fixed in the next release.
     If it is urgent, I can give you a System.class which works around
it. But excuse me for needing several days, since the code is in my office
and I am having Chinese New year.:)

    Good luck!

On 2/16/07, Zakharov, Vasily M <vasily.m.zakharov@intel.com> wrote:
> For now, IBM VM reports in system properties
> java.specification.version=1.4
> java.version=1.4.2 subset
> while the VM supports 1.5 pretty well.
> As a result, for example, Netbeans fails to start many of its components
> with the following diagnostic:
> "The Java platform version 1.5 or higher was requested but only 1.4 is
> running."
> I wonder, if this could be fixed?
> Vasily

Leo Li