harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [App]Harmony has passed 95% the testcases of Spring 2.0.2 and Happy Chinese new year!
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:53:09 GMT
Hi, all:
     I have just tried to run the testcases provided by Spring 2.0.2 on
Harmony.
     And the current status on IBM j9 is:

Total Tests

Failure

Error

Passing Rate

Windows XP2

5758

65

165

96.01%

RedHat Enterprise 4

5758

78

167

95.75%

      I have also tried DRLVM on windows, (due to several vm crashes, the
total tests are less):
     TotalTests: 5608
     Failure: 28
     Errors:109
     Passing Rate: 97.56%.

     I have just made some primitive analysis on the report of IBM j9. The
problem focuses on
     (1) Lacks support for Reflection of generics.
     (2) Lacks native support of Sun.unsafe.
     (3) Some AOP generated classes are wrong, from cglib or aspectJ.

     Of (1),(2), DRLVM have no such problem.
     Of (3) both vms fail.(J9 generated wrong classes, drlvm crashes.) So I
suspect that there might hide some tricky bug in our classlib.
     Since the actual passing rate is similar, it is quite interesting to
investigate the different behavior on each vm.

    The above result has been posted on Harmony wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Spring.
    (I will add that of DRLVM after I have run it on Linux.)

    At last,
                 * Happy Chinese new year to everybody on Harmony!  *

     And I will come back after a little while.:)

    Good luck!

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM