harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [awt] AWT improvements
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:56:01 GMT
Guys,

I've just committed two highly expected improvements for awt:
1. OpenGL font renderer from Nikolay Viskov. So Harmony can now draw
text strings in OpenGL mode.
2. Headless mode [1] from Dmitry Matveev (without font rendering :).
So Harmony can now draw images even without X-server. This is useful
feature for server mode and for running some benchmarks without
running X-server.
Font rendering in Headless mode need more time for implementation
since we are using X server for text rendering now. So this part
should be rewriten in more low level...

Thanks Nikolay and Dmitry for these really needed patches!

SY, Alexey

[1] http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/headless/index.html