harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] Enabling vmmagic support on 64bit OS - need package update to the latest version
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:40:58 GMT
All,
I'm working on EM64T vmmagics enabling and faced the problem that JAR we use
contains files that are not ready for 64-bit OS support.
For example there is no way to create Address from long. This means that
there is no way to create meaningful Address instance on 64bit platfrom at
all.
I checked the latest JikesRVM source and found all 64-bits methods I need.

Porting magics to 64bit platform and enabling helpers inlining in all modes
we have is not a task we can postpone for a months, so we have to do
something to get the methods we need in our codebase.

I see 2 solutions:
1) Robin can update mmtk jar we use to the latest version. This is the best
choice because he is one of the authors.
2) I can do it by myself: get the JikesRVM copy and update our JAR.

What will we do?

--
Mikhail Fursov