harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] error on switch_svn_vm
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:17:15 GMT
I've met this problem when I tried to run ant script in federated
build on top on Harmony JDK from the latest HDK snapshot available on
download page (r505120). Running ant without any options resulted in
this error. I tried also to specify internal target "show_props" and
got the same picture:

show_props:
     [echo]
     [echo]                    Apache Harmony Federated Build
     [echo]             ==========================================
     [echo]             svn rev          :  r
     [echo]             operating system :  windows
     [echo]             architecture     :  x86-32
     [echo]             ant os name/arch :  Windows Server 2003/x86
     [echo]             output location  :  target
     [echo]             DRLVM classlib   :  ../../../working_classlib
     [echo]

I looked at the build.xml script where property svn.revision is set
according to redirected output of 'svn info' command. It seemed to me
that the problem was in redirection of process output running on
Harmony, because it worked well on RI JDK.

Today I created local HDK snapshot with fresh Harmony sources
(r507861) and ran 'ant show_props' on top on the fresh Harmony JDK.
Now, this appeared working well and showed me correct SVN revision
number:

show_props:
     [echo]
     [echo]                    Apache Harmony Federated Build
     [echo]             svn rev          :  r507916
     [echo]             operating system :  windows
     [echo]             architecture     :  x86-32
     [echo]             ant os name/arch :  Windows Server 2003/x86
     [echo]             output location  :  target
     [echo]             DRLVM classlib   :  ../../../working_classlib

So, this problem looks fixed in the latest sources.

Thanks.
Ivan