harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:25:31 GMT

On Feb 9, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Kalpak Gadre wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to implement the extcheck JDK tool. As i read in the
> specification
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/extcheck.html,
> extcheck tool
> compares versions as in java.lang.Package.isCompatibleWith()

Great.  Please complete an Authorized Contributor Questionnaire :

   http://harmony.apache.org/auth_cont_quest.html

Best to use the text version, sign, and if you can send a PDF of that
signed version to me or private@harmony.apache.org, that would be great.

It also never hurts to complete an Individual Contributor License
Agreement :

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

And fax that to the number on the document.

> isCompatibleWith assumes that the version is '.' separated numeric
> values. But many of
> the jar files have alpha-numeric Specification-version attribute.
> How do you compare
> alpa-numeric versions? Do I assume versions to be numeric only?
>
> As I can see, Sun's implementation of extcheck is very rough. Try
> extcheck -verbose
> It throws ArrayIndexOutOfBounds :)

I vote we don't mimic this feature of the RI : )

geir