harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ronald Servant" <ronald.serv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] thread library
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:28:16 GMT
> And why did you decide this was better than #1?

I didn't.  This could be considered step 1 towards doing #1.
Producing this patch was much quicker than trying to cease all use of
the port lib in the launcher.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that #1 is the real answer either.

The following portlib functions are currently used by the launcher:

hysysinfo_get_executable_name
hysysinfo_get_env
hysysinfo_get_classpathSeparator
hyfile_printf
hytty_printf
hytty_err_printf
hymem_allocate_memory
hymem_free_memory
hysl_open_shared_library
hysl_close_shared_library
hysl_lookup_name
hynls_printf
hynls_lookup_message

I'm not certain that we are ready to give up these functions in the
launcher, specifically the nls functions concern me most.  We
certainly could make copies of the implementation of these functions
and put them in the launcher directly, but I'm not entirely
comfortable with that.

The functions I have duplicated so far are few and I have specialized
the functionality in certain cases (e.g., hysl_open_shared_library
only knows how to open hyprt).

Ron.