harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ronald Servant" <ronald.serv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] thread library
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:48:45 GMT

> On Feb 2, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Ronald Servant wrote:
>
> > I see two other alternatives (other than removing thread lib code from
> > the port lib).
> > 1. remove any dependency on the port library in the launcher.
>
> This was the suggestion I was just typing up.  Or at least change how
> the launcher uses it until after it figures out which set of vm
> artifacts to use...
>
> > 2. parse -vmdir: early in the launcher to augment the path.
>
> Which is like above, but I'd rather see it be deliberate, rather than
> a side effect of path augmentation...

I have attached a patch to H-3090 that implements #2 above.  I have
compiled and run on windows, but provided a patch that should also
link and run on linux.

This patch allows us to parse -vmdir: and augment the load library
path.  To accomplish this I have copied a minimal amount of port
library function into the launcher.  We might be able to do away with
most of the port lib functions in the entire launcher this way, but I
thought I'd provide this patch first and see if there was a preference
for how to proceed.

Ron.
--
J9 VM Development