harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:38:43 GMT

On Feb 13, 2007, at 8:36 AM, Kalpak Gadre wrote:

>> To make the process manageable the ACQ breaks down the Harmony
>> project
>> into different components, so even if you are not in a position to
>> contribute code for tools it is likely that you can contribute to
>> Harmony in other areas.  Your responses to the questionnaire will
>> determine that.
> That was the first time I ever tried to *understand* RI code!
> So you mean to say I *cant* contribute for *any* jdk tools now?

yes, I think we have the tools bundled together.  I don't remember.

> As far as I can see, my exposure to RI code limits only to extcheck.

Good.

> Now when I fill up the ACQ, do I mention this?

Yes.  You'll need to state where your exposure was.  We carefully
created partitions so that if you were exposed to one area, you can
participate in any other area where you weren't exposed :)

Note that this may all be mooted when Sun delivers the remaining
source for OpenJDK, because we have no problems with exposure to code
under an open source license.

This is the subject of a separate thread.

geir