harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] new dependency (was: Re: [testing][crash handling] it will nice to add *any* crash handling to build system)
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 03:49:27 GMT
On 12/18/06, Alexander Kleymenov wrote:

> Vladimir,
>
> I repeat again: there are cases of DRLVM failure before xml file
> creation. They can occure along with successful test passing of
> another tests. I'm not sure for CLASSLIB testing, but I can imagine
> the situation when JVM is failed if the name of the test to be
> executed contains "CrashIt" substring. So we will have unnoticed
> CLASSLIB's test failure.
> So, to my mind, empty xml file analysis can be used for CLASSLIB
> testing (although and without 100% confidence in results), but it
> can't be used for DRLVM testing (again - because of the possible
> absence of failure indicator - empty xml file).

Hi Alexander,

I was looking through Ant manual and thinking how to improve DRL VM build.
And I found an example that might be a solution for detection VM crashes
when xml-report is not created. The solution is quite straightforward -
create empty xml-report files just before running junit task and it may look
like:

<!-- create empty xml files for detecting VM crashes -->
<touch>
    <fileset dir="${module.src.test}/api/java">
        <include name="**/*Test.java"/>
        <excludesfile name="${exclude.file}" />
    </fileset>
    <packagemapper from="*Test.java" to="${hy.tests.reports}/TEST-*Test.xml
"/>
</touch>

<junit>
.... run tests ....