harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] snapshots and a developers build
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:27:35 GMT
On 2/6/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> This has been on my mind for the last couple of days, and an note
> from Stepan reminded me to get this convo started.
>
> I'd like to start doing daily snapshots of Harmony from whatever
> platforms we happen to be building on.  These would be created every
> day.  They wouldn't require community review - we'd just get them up
> there, broken or not, and fix what needs to be fixed for the next day.

I'm not sure about daily. I think we should work out mechanism and start
publishing them regularly (for example, weekly or in 2 weeks) first. Then we
can reduce snapshot period if there such need. Also I don't see any value in
a broken snapshot.

I'd like to get volunteers for this, and we can work out the
> mechanics. I'm not sure how much duplication we want for given
> operating systems.   I volunteer to do linux x86/x86_64 based on
> ubuntu, and maybe we should also get a second set on RH or
> something.  Someone needs to also volunteer for windows.

I can do snapshots for SLES x86/x86_64 and Windows x86.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Secondly, we should think about doing periodic "developer builds",

--
Stepan Mishura