harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Ignatenko" <aleksey.ignate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] 64-bit support with compressed pointer
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:08:01 GMT
I suppose there is no easy way to do that, but one can scan all places where

#ifdef _EM64T_ appears and change appropriate places to something like
#ifdef _COMPRESSED_MODE. Plus scan such places like gc_types.h in gc_cc,
there is object header:
    VT32 vt_raw;
    unsigned info;
You need to have VT64 vt_raw;  for 64 bit mode.

p.s. In some of discussions I read that compressed mode (comparing to
uncompressed one) improved performance on about 13% on em64t.