harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] Problem starting Geronimo 1.2 beta
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:23:14 GMT
> Why?  This code runs perfectly fine on the RI.  At best, you might
> argue it's not good design on G's part, but they hard-coded clogging
> for a reason.
RI does not have MX4J in bootclasspath. If you put it there - Geronimo will
fail as well.

> Note that when I do drop clogging into the boootclasspath, Geronimo
> still doesn't start :)
Well, there are some other open issues against Geronimo which could
prevents it from starting on non-RI JDKs :-)
See, for example, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2015,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1804,

Regards,
Mikhail