harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] Problem starting Geronimo 1.2 beta
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:39:05 GMT
Yes, sure this is classloader problem, but MX4J has a nice mechanizm of
choosing loggers:
it either use the default java.util.logging, or, if 'mx4j.log.prototype'
property is set, the logger specified in this property.
Geronimo just hard-coded commons-logging and does not allow users to specify
another logging facilities.
If we could use j.u.l then Geronimo will probably start without problems.
So, IMHO, partially this is also a Geronimo bug.

Regards,
Mikhail