harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] "ant fetch-depends" on Harmony JDK failure
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:46:27 GMT
Here is the explanation:
When creating java.net.Proxy object, createProxy() method in
java.net.ProxySelectorImpl class uses InetSocketAddress.createUnresolved()
method. In this case ((InetSocketAddress) proxy.address()).getAddress() will
return null, while getHostName() and getPort() method will return correct
results.
And Socket.connect(SocketAddress, int) method uses getAddress() method.
Mikhail's fix create normal resolved InetSocketAddress which getAddress()
returns normal non-null InetAddress.

I've checked the behaviour of Socket.connect(SocketAddress, int) on RI - it
also throws java.net.UnknownHostException in case of unresolved
SocketAddress.
And finally i've checked that Proxy objects created in RI are also contains
unresolved addresses.

So, Mikhail patches the correct piece of code and his patch is correct :-).

Regards,
Mikhail