harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt]Is there any testing parameters to exclude awt test cases ?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:33:10 GMT

> I think we're missing the core error here.  I had a set of problems
> that looked like this when getting CC working on a remote emt64t box
> (IOW, I wasn't at the console.)
>
> I needed to :
>
> 1) install xmu-dev and xtst-dev due to how we find and load libraries
>
> 2) needed to set DISPLAY=:0.0
>
> 3) xhost +   to allow the tests to get a display
>
> before you start excluding the tests, can we figure out what's
> happening?
>
> geir

Sorry for  the long delay. I did not notice this post.

I connect to remote server from RH using:
ssh -X <servername> and run awt tests.
Then all awt test cases pass. If not run this way, NullPointerException will
be thrown out
when getting some awt component.

IMHO, the key point here is the request to Xserver need to place to be
handled,
no matter its from ssh way or xhost way or on the local machine.

I guess RI will act similarly. As I said, I am not quite sure whether this
should be considerd a problem of our test code.
And will give a try tomorrow.

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM