harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [drlvm] Illegal command line options
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:06:01 GMT
It has come to my attention recently that DRLVM accepts the -verify
option when it is passed in through the invocation API. This actually
breaks the JNI spec rules outlined at:

These rules are actually quite tight - if I read it correctly, it
appears that they do *not* allow the VM to interpret "-version" as an
option, and if you write a simple launcher that tries to pass -version
to the RI via CreateJavaVM you get an error:

  Unrecognized option: -version
  Cannot create JavaVM

The spec seems fairly clear that we should not respect these options if
they are passed through, but we can accept X prefixed versions of them.
This would require the launcher to convert these options from e.g.
-verify to -Xverify before passing them into the VM.

Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above: