harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:08:30 GMT
Kalpak Gadre wrote:
> I was just trying identify if it was not as straight forward as I thought,
> and I was stupid enough to miss it.

Understood -- there are a few places where the spec is ambiguous or
incomplete, and in those cases we would create tests against the API to
figure out the RI behavior.

> Having read ACQ I have a question, does it mean that I cannot further
> continue my work on extcheck? Considering I tried to understand the code?
> Even if I make sure that I implement it purely as per my understanding?

Take a look at the ACQ [1], since it is hard to summarise all the
possible scenarios here.  In general, it is best to avoid studying
implementations that are not made available under a recognized open
source license.

To make the process manageable the ACQ breaks down the Harmony project
into different components, so even if you are not in a position to
contribute code for tools it is likely that you can contribute to
Harmony in other areas.  Your responses to the questionnaire will
determine that.

Regards,
Tim