harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:13:32 GMT
Kalpak Gadre wrote:
>> When you say "I checked the RI code..." I hope you don't mean that you
>> went to study the RI source.  Please write it yourself from the spec.
>> If you need any help just shout there are plenty here who can help.
> Just checked it to see if I wasnt missing anything. I noticed a few
> things from source.
>
> 1. Conflict check is done for all the dependency jars which are
> specified by Classpath attribute
>    in the manifest file. This is not mentioned in the spec.
>
> 2. All the jars are used as JarURLConnection. Is that necessary? Can you
> have dependency
>    which is a HTTP URL location?
>
> Both these things are not mentioned in the spec. Am I missing anything
> here?

For your work to be acceptable for use in Harmony, we need to ensure
that it was written 'independently'.  The precise definition is in the
ACQ, which you can reach from this page:
  http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html

Please take a look through it, and feel free to come back with any
questions.

Regards,
Tim