harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Kalpak Gadre <kalpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:54:52 GMT

> When you say "I checked the RI code..." I hope you don't mean that you
> went to study the RI source.  Please write it yourself from the spec.
> If you need any help just shout there are plenty here who can help.
Just checked it to see if I wasnt missing anything. I noticed a few
things from source.

1. Conflict check is done for all the dependency jars which are
specified by Classpath attribute
    in the manifest file. This is not mentioned in the spec.

2. All the jars are used as JarURLConnection. Is that necessary? Can you
have dependency
    which is a HTTP URL location?

Both these things are not mentioned in the spec. Am I missing anything here?

Kalpak