harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [contribution] Implementation of extcheck tool
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:33:13 GMT
Kalpak Gadre wrote:
> Sorry for following late on this Tim. My issues are as follows,

No problem, I was just throwing it in in case you were blocked.  Keep up
the good work.

> 1. With -verbose option,  I need to display the name of jar file which
> is currently checked.
>    But Package instance does not have jar file info from which it is
> read from.
>
> 2. I can obtain package instance manually using manifest file's
> attribute "Name"
>    But most of the jars seem to be missing it and still have
> "Specification-Title" and
>    "Specification-version" attributes present. (Which are good enough to
> do the comparison)
>
> Here are my suggestions,
>
> 1. I use manual jar manifest parsing for extcheck instead of  Package.
>
> 2. Let me copy the isCompatible() code for right now.

Sure, it is not a large block of code anyway.

> 3. We can move isCompatible as static method somewhere at kernel classes
> level.
>
> 4. Reuse this method wherever needed then.
>
> I checked the RI code and it also seems to be parsing jar files manually.

When you say "I checked the RI code..." I hope you don't mean that you
went to study the RI source.  Please write it yourself from the spec.
If you need any help just shout there are plenty here who can help.

Regards,
Tim