harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] How to configure Eclipse to refer to the jars in "depends"
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:15:25 GMT
Richard Liang wrote:
> Yes. it's good to put jetty JAR into deploy/build/test. Thanks a lot.
>
> Now I have several questions:
>
> 1) How to  refer to the jars in "deploy/build/test"?
> As Paulex suggested, defining another Class Variable "HDK_HOME" may be
> a good option. But there may be problems for support.jar. Because if
> you also check out the support project, you will have duplicate
> support in build path: one is added through Class Variable, another
> one is in Plug-in dependencies.

Let me back-up a moment...

If you are planning to embed the Jetty code in the support bundle then
you will need to make it a dependent JAR of the 'support' project,
modify the Bundle-ClassPath: to refer to the Jetty JAR, and export any
packages you want visible, etc.

But if you plan to include the Jetty code as a stand-alone bundle you
can copy it directly into a deploy/build/test/jetty directory with it's
own manifest, like we do for ICU, Xerces, etc. in the JRE.

So far we have been doing the latter.

> 2) Do you think we shall put luni-kernel-stubs.jar and
> security-kernel-stubs.jar into deploy/build instead of
> deploy/jdk/jre/lib/boot/?

Well we want people to be able to compile their Java code using a
Harmony JDK, so they cannot be absent from there.

Regards,
Tim