harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib] compatibility nuances
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:59:39 GMT

I've also checked the issue, using my experience of the same kind
with RMI Compiler, and I also came to conclusion that figuring RI
algorithm out in this case is hopeless.

So +1 for closing H-953 as NBD.

 Vasily

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Pervov [mailto:pmcfirst@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 4:18 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [classlib] compatibility nuances

<Copying from JIRA>

I've experimented with RI VMs.

Jrockit uses 'stack list' to store methods it reads from class file
(last
declared comes first).
HotSpot seems to use some sort of hash map to store method. Statics are
always reported first, moving 'static public void main' from the
beginning
of the class to the end changes the order of reporting non-static
methods
drastically.

So, "nice" is nice, but I would suggest to treat this as non-bug
difference
and close HARMONY-953 as such.

WBR,
--