harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [drlvm] Ignoring Sun command line options?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:20:50 GMT

Yes, I fully agree.

And sure, we should track Sun options, it's a general question of
compatibility.

 Vasily

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya Berezhniuk [mailto:ilya.berezhniuk@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 6:16 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [drlvm] Ignoring Sun command line options?

To check Sun options we must hardcode some particular Sun options, and
update it when Sun options list is changed.
But items (1) and (2) are very good :)
I suggest the following sequence:

1. VM core takes the options it knows.
2. Other components take the options they know.
3. If remaining options contain only special options like -X then print
warnings, skip these options and continue.
4. If remaining options contain unknown general options then print error
and
abort.