harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony enabling at Windows / x86_64
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:46:20 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for doing this first of all. IMO patches look good in
general. However, I'd like to emphasize two things (I've already told
you in private about them) and let others to comment on it.

1. In your patch you suggest to use MSVC 2005 - msvcr80.dll is used
instead of msvcr71.dll for example. Currently MSVC 2003 is required
for building the classlib. However, MSVC 2005 adds extensive support
for developing of 64bit applications and it looks like a natural
choice for 64bit Windows platform. So am +1 for supporting both MSVCs.
But I also would like to know if there are any other opinions.

2. You suggest using new ICU version 3.6. However, the version *3.4*
is currently used in the classlib. I don't like to say that version
3.4 is better than version 3.6. However, there is the neighbour thread
called "[general] Update to a new version of ICU" here in list. So IMO
we should finalize that discussion before moving to the version 3.6

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD