harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavlenko, Andrey A" <andrey.a.pavle...@intel.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] JUnit AWT TestRunner: menu should disappear after pressing "ALT" key
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:55:29 GMT
Hi folks,

I've a question concerning the JIRA HARMONY-2265. I've verified the
scenario, mentioned in this issue, on Windows and Linux and found out
that on Linux RI behaves the same as Harmony and it also does not
show/hide menu after pressing Alt. As far as I understand, RI maps a
menu to a real menu of an operating system's windowing toolkit. Harmony
pains the menu as a rectangle that accepts mouse events. Thus, RI's menu
is platform dependent but Harmony's menu is platform independent, so
fixing this issue on Windows will cause similar issue on Linux. Could we
consider this issue as non-bug difference form RI?

Thanks
Andrey Pavlenko
Enterprise Solutions Software Division