harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher] Signal handler disabling
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:01:16 GMT

I think we should go for the record of resurrecting a thread the most
times ;-)

The current solution still compiles the hysig code.  However, I've
got a patch (windows and Linux but only tested on Linux) that adds a
flag to give the option to avoid the compilation of the hysig library
completely.  The default is to compile it but I'd actually like to
reverse that after some wider testing.

Does this seem reasonable?

I want to use this option because it means I can avoid porting the
signalling code to new architectures and platforms until we decide if we
are going to keep it.  At the moment, I think we probably should get rid
of it and let the VM handle signals.

Gregory, why did you want it to be optional?  Do you use this option?

Regards,
 Mark.