harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VM]How to trigue GC while free native memory is low.
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:14:31 GMT
IMHO, converting mmaped byte buffer into java heap object can be a
good idea. I'm just have difficulties in understanding how to merge in
one memory chunk an ordinary object header and mmaped region.

Actually, mapped buffers are just one of the examples of native memory
usage from java. Others like thread objects, zlib functionality and so
on, should also be addressed. Not all of this entities can be
converted to java objects.

--
Ivan