harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] snapshots and a developers build
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:09:44 GMT
This has been on my mind for the last couple of days, and an note
from Stepan reminded me to get this convo started.

I'd like to start doing daily snapshots of Harmony from whatever
platforms we happen to be building on.  These would be created every
day.  They wouldn't require community review - we'd just get them up
there, broken or not, and fix what needs to be fixed for the next day.

I'd like to get volunteers for this, and we can work out the
mechanics. I'm not sure how much duplication we want for given
operating systems.   I volunteer to do linux x86/x86_64 based on
ubuntu, and maybe we should also get a second set on RH or
something.  Someone needs to also volunteer for windows.

Secondly, we should think about doing periodic "developer builds",
where we decide on a specific SVN revision, and do the builds,
review, and vote for release.  These would be something we consider

View raw message