harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 06:51:33 GMT
On the 0x255 day of Apache Harmony Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> Heh, holiday becomes too long? ;)

Agreed. :)

> [snip]
> > > PS. Please don't listen to those provokations about imitating
> > > httpd.apache.org, they just confuse soft with mild ;)
> >
> > Alexey,
> > where can I find the provocations? I did not come across any of them,
> > just interested..
>
> So far there were 2 voices to adapt to httpd-style, yours and
> Alexei's. I called them "provokations" because this is well-known
> project with good credits and it migth look tempting to follow, but it
> is way different from Harmony.

Alexey, my point was "not to reinvent the wheel" when
restructuring. (I did NOT suggest to restructure "just because").  I
am NOT proposing to carbon-copy httpd.apache.org, but to borrow useful
many points. For example, "Mailing Lists" belongs to "Get Involved"
quite logically.

> Another point , why reorganize everything again if we almost
> converged already.

Okay, the "provocations" appeared too late to catch. I like most of
the Nadya's version now. That's perfect :!

> Yet, don't miss smiley there :)

no problem

--
Egor Pasko