harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] Profiling support - Compiled Method Load event
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:42:47 GMT
On the 0x25B day of Apache Harmony George Timoshenko wrote:
> > IMHO, we should report conscequent regions of the same method as one
> > region. Thus, 2 passes are better. And it is NOT slow :)
> >

> Egor,
>
> It is not possible to have 2 consequent regions. If there is no gap
> between them they must be _one_ region.
>
> Please, clarify, if I understand your last note incorrectly.

xcuse me, I mixed regions and locations (and misunderstood you a bit:)

The proposal is to unite all conscequent instructions belonging to
identical BCoffset into a single location. This way of reporting
locations better aligns with the spec. Actually, that can be done in
the same pass (by just omitting sonscequent instructions with the same
offset in your pass). Sure, one pass through insts of each method.

George, how is that?

--
Egor Pasko