harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JIT] write barrier broken by new jit opts?
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:57:38 GMT
On the 0x25C day of Apache Harmony Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> It's hard to understand what these very long threads concluded if one has
> not been on it all along.

Rana,
writing thread summaries is a good practice, thank you for this one.

> So:
>      1. JIT Optimized arraycopy disabled now

to be precise, it is enabled, but incorrectly when WBs are enabled.

>      2. When turned on, gc_safe and will use object remembering barrier

yes

curently the question left is how to implement it in "the right" way
(VM/GC magic, JIT magic, JIT-Java-code-with-JIT-magic) but we can
leave the current implementation for a while and decide later

>      3. Jit=>gc interface will add
>         gc::does_it_support_object_remembering()

yes

>      4. chunk-wise optimized barrier update unnecessary till someone ever
> uses a long enough Java array :-)

yes

--
Egor Pasko