harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sunny Chan <mailingl...@sunnychan.org.uk>
Subject Re: [general] gcc version 4.x as our
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:22:05 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir <at> pobox.com> writes:

> I ran into this playing with Harmony on OLPC, and a developer
> expressed a little surprise that we were still using 3.x.  I don't
> follow the gcc ecosystem at all, so I don't know what issues there
> are w/ 4.x, and why we wouldn't move forward to it as a general (not
> strict) policy.
>
> geir

Actually let me throw another idea at you - Why not compile with LSB SDK, which
would actually work across different distribution, and no glibc/libstdc++
dependency!

For more about LSB, see http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB
For more about developing with LSB, seehttp://www.freestandards.org/en/Developers

Thanks,